It’s Friday, December 18th, that means only one week until Christmas!! That sentence either a) excited you and made you jump for joy or b) struck fear and panic into your soul! (Ok, probably wasn’t that dramatic but you know what I mean). If you experienced option a), then high five because me and you both finished our Christmas shopping already! (I’m particularly excited about being done early because it’s the first time ever and I’m pretty proud of myself, snaps for me!). If you experienced option b) you are a last minute shopper! You’ll be wandering around the mall with that ‘O Ma gawd’ look on your face. But don’t worry, I’ve been there many times, so this year I’m here for you. I’ve got a gift guide for one of the most difficult people on your list to shop for: the ‘Fashion girl’. Well that’s what I’ve heard, but I completely disagree. It’s really not that hard to shop for us, we love pretty things…that’s it. If it’s pretty and Instagram worthy then we want it.Simple.
Still not convinced? I’m about to convince you! I put together a list of both items I would love to receive for Christmas (hint hint) and items I have used or currently own and love. Here’s how to easily please a fashion girl during Christmas (psst, you can click the pictures for prices and details, I’ve linked them to their corresponding website):
1. A Clothing Rack: This might seem like a weird option at first but think about it. We like clothes and we have a lot of them…like tons. And our current closet situation is probably not doing it. So what better way to helps us and the bending rail in our closet than to gift us a pretty clothing rack?
2. Succulents & Terrariums: Name one fashion girl on Instagram that hasn’t posted a picture of these on her page? If she hasn’t, it’s because she doesn’t have one. Help her out! You can even get her a fake succulent if her green thumb isn’t so green.
3. Candles: We love candles! How much we love them is actually kinda weird, but if they smell great and have great packaging then we want them, neeed them!
4. Art Prints: These are the perfect way to jazz up her plain walls. Gift her a framed one with her favourite quote or designer logo.
1. Bags: Every fashion girl needs a go-to stylish, simple, everyday bag. Find out her favourite style or opt for classic shapes, minimal designs, long straps, and neutral colours.
2. Pom Pom Keychains: These pom poms have been popping up everywhere! They’re the perfect little fashion accent to add to your fashion girl’s go-to bag. Gift her a bag and attach one of these to it and I’m sure you’ll be her favourite person this Christmas.
3. Knee High Boots: These are the boots of the season! Help your fashion girl stay trendy and style her favourite dresses with them through the colder months.
4. Watches: Not going to lie, these are purely a fashion statement, because if they’re anything like me they’ll forget they have it on and check the time on their phone anyway. But watches are still a great accessory she’ll want to add to her outfits.
1. Turtlenecks: Turtlenecks are my faave this season! They’re sleeveless, knit, fuzzy, cropped, we want them all.
2. Leather Pants: “Leather for winter? Ground breaking.” It’s not ground breaking but definitely necessary, really cool and on trend!
3. Coats: Some fashion girls might be known for sacrificing warmth for fashion. You can help them keep from freezing and stay chic with a fab coat so she can take her Insta outfit pics outside.
4.Ripped jeans: A while ago my sister made fun of me saying :”All your pants have holes in them,” and it’s true, I may have gone overboard with this trend. But seriously these are awesome and edgy and your fashion girl will love them just as much as I love all 55 pairs I own (Kidding I only have 53).
1. Sephora Sampler Set: I go to Sephora and get overwhelmed by all the products and options for myself, so going in there to buy for someone else can be tough. I say stick to sample sets and Christmas gift sets. That way, you can introduce her to a new brand and products she’s never tried or give her minis of everything she loves!
2. Facemasks: Fashion girl or not, everyone loves a good pamper session. And no pamper sesh is complete without a great face mask! Bonus points for you if it smells good enough to eat.
3. Perfume: She looks great and should also smell great. I would say try to stick to daytime smells so she can wear it every day. You might end up finding her new signature scent.
4. Nail polish: Outfit, hair, and makeup on fleek, make sure her nails are as well. Spoil her with gorgeous colours from her favourite designer so she can try out all the Pinterest nail art shes been saving.
So what do think? That wasn’t so bad was it? So to summarize, if it’s pretty, smells good, has nice packaging, is trendy, minimal, neutral in colour and Instagram worthy, she wants it!! lol. I really hope that this was helpful and that you’ll be hitting the mall with confidence knowing exactly what you’re going to surprise your fashion girl with. Or if you’re a fashion girl reading this and like my suggestions, use this post as a hint, send it to your friends and family so they can get it right this year!
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!